Thursday, October 30, 2008

PT6A class...

...is where I'll be tomorrow and all of next week. Bill Kolafa is here from Standard Aero in Winnipeg, Manitoba doing mid-size engine heavy maintenance course. So I'll be in class all day for another 6 days. We started today...it was alright. Mainly introductory stuff and some information about engine overview. Most of it I already was familiar with, but there are some new things on the -40 series PT6A that are nice to be learning. The SP King Air B200 that is scheduled to arrive in the next few months will have PT6A-42 engines, so this course is at a nice time for me to have formal education on the PT6A turboprop engine. That is, of course, if I ever get to work on SP planes. Sigh...

Anyways, I'm still going downstairs to do some work and keeping abreast of the projects. I'll be taking some pictures so keep looking...

Getting closer...

1 comment:

Mark Sherman said...

I got to got the small PT6 class at Pratt and really enjoyed it. Everyone from here in CA I have sent has also loved it, so I am sure you will learn alot and enjoy it as well.