Monday, January 18, 2010

Hendersonville Airport

So last Friday, I had to drive down to Flat Rock, NC, to our adoption agency to deliver some papers and also to pick some things up that were vital to be mailed that day.  It was a long morning (5hrs+ driving, not counting time in Flat Rock), but I ended up driving past Hendersonville Airport.  It's not a big airport, but there were two Cessna 152s in the pattern, so I stopped and snapped a few photos.  It reminded me a lot of where I did my flight training.


Nice one sitting on the sidelines...looks like a J-3, but could also be a Champ or a Citabria...I don't really know enough about these guys to be able to distinguish them apart.  Nonetheless, it was pretty.


This is a 1956 straight-tail Cessna 172.


Hendersonville airport, with a glider in the foreground, and looks like a Diamond DA-20 being prepped for a flight.  Notice the Cessna 152 on climb-out.


And here he is on final approach...


Short final...I was practically standing right off the end of the runway.  It is a 1979 Cessna 152, N4838B.


Moments before touchdown.


Here is the other aircraft in the pattern...


N7397B, a 1977 Cessna A152.


Short Final.


I saw this guy sitting at Asheville Regional Airport and couldn't resist...you don't get to see them very often.  N821CB is a King Air B100, which is basically a King Air 90, but with Garrett TPE-331 turboprop engines.  You can notice the exhaust coming out the right rear of the nacelle instead of where they normally exit on a regular PT6A turboprop.  Pretty neat.  In the background is N7605K, a 1976 Cessna 180J.

No comments: