Monday, July 28, 2008

The beginnings

So I thought I would start giving you all a look at what I'm doing at work. Well, most of what I do. We're rebuilding two Cessna 206s, both of which I had the opportunity to do some work on last fall in Kidron, Ohio (props to Preferred and their awesome crew). Anyway, they've been shipped over here and were in the process of rebuilding them for our fleet. It's a lot more work even than was involved in rebuilding Twin Otters at Fayard Enterprises. Here, we take most of the plane apart, clean, inspect, repaint, rebuild, etc. It's very detailed. I figured I could start showing you some pictures of the process...I know you aviation guys will like them if no one else cares. We're doing N827DG first and N4790U second (well, sort of stagger-stepped). Most of the pictures of the blog will be of 7DG because we're doing a lot of the work on it right now.



N827DG as she stood when I arrived in the shop back in March.

Interior instrument panel area back in March.

No comments: