Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Interior and landing gear

The last week or so, we've been working on 5Y-BLG, along with some other things, too.  I worked on getting a lot of the interior re-installed, and Tim Carpenter has been working the bugs out of the landing gear.  Boy, I tell you what...Cessna 210 landing gear can sure be a pain to disassemble, repair, re-assemble, re-install, and rig properly.  And I'm not even the one doing it!  I don't envy Tim at all, but I'm greatly encouraged by his dedication to the task.  He has the patience and endurance to stick to the job until it's done right.  I think I would have been beating my head against the wall long ago!  Anyway, here's some pictures from the work on BLG.  

Here I am putting some of the interior panels in.  

You know, there really isn't a whole lot of room in the baggage compartment for an adult.  

Howdy!

Just so you know, I didn't climb in through that little hole...

What the interior looks like now...I still have some more to do, but have been focusing on some other things the past few days, mainly Cessna Caravans...

Changing out some nutplates on the baggage compartment back wall.   

Tim Carpenter, running the gear up and down.  Definitely fun to watch.  

Almost up!  

I caught Tim deep in thought the other day...

Sometimes you just have to slow down, read the manual a bit, and think about how the whole thing works.  Thanks, Tim, for your super hard work!  

1 comment:

Jeremy Hamilton said...

Hey, thanks for the update. Looks like you're making progress!