Friday, April 24, 2009

Fallen behind...

...on posts, that is. I haven't posted in a while; I'm sorry. Things have been a little crazy around the hangar and home...can you blame it? We live in Nairobi after all. Oh, well.

Things have been going well. We've done a lot of work (including some "two steps forward, one step back" work) and are moving forward slowly but surely. I hope you enjoy the pictures of the progress.

Don't hesitate to leave comments or become a follower. Especially those who regularly visit the blog. Thanks.



Nate Killoren doing some riveting on an aileron.

This is how you look when you're bucking a rivet with your fingertips. Ouch!

Nate working on a flap, replacing some damaged skin.

David Marwa has done an awesome job getting the engine wired up as soon as it was installed. If he worked any faster, the engine would have been running before it was installed on the airplane.

The look. Nate and his flap.

Our new helper on the project, Paul, working on getting the fiberglass tips off the horizontal stabilizer.

Nate had to go and "hangar drive" the DC-3 for a little bit the other day, so I couldn't resist the picture.

Nate and John Mosby (AA Chief Engineer, on left) trying to figure out a stretcher.

And then here's me, trying to figure out what they were trying to figure out in the picture above.

I think David and Kituo were doing some sort of African Traditional dance...

I was deep in thought about cowl flaps. Apparently so deep in thought that I didn't notice Jerry Hurd about to drill a hole in my head.

Jerry and Paul installing the vortex generators on the horizontal stabilizer.

Painting some control surfaces. Left to right is Paul, Adamson, and Joseph. Looks like snow...
Adamson, the "Chief," one of the best painters at AIM AIR.

I caught Jerry with his arm stuck in the wing...I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice.

Here I am, putting the V-brace in.

Caught!

No comments: