Saturday, December 27, 2008

So here we are...

Things are drawing to a close on this blog for N827DG. I know that many of you have enjoyed watching the progress, and I know that I certainly have had a great time keeping the blog going. Currently, the airplane has 2.5 hours on the Hobbs meter; two test flights where all things went fantastic. We are going to be doing some minor adjustments and also installing our new Leading Edge Exhaust System. Boy, I can't wait to put some pictures of it on here; it's wicked cool looking. Other than that...she's almost ready for active duty! I will officially have to hand her over to the Piston Fleet Supervisor, Ryan Williams, because my duties are only as Project Manager. Once they have paint on them and an engine and all works well, then my job is done and I move on to the next one.

And the next one is certainly going to be just as much work. N4790U is already in the side halls, ready for us to pounce with a vengeance. We have already begun some in depth sheet metal work on her, so she hasn't been totally ignored. It will be good to have a new guy in on this job; Nate Killoren of SIM will be lending a hand on the plane that he will be flying one day in support of the SIM work in the southern Sudan. 90U is the other silver bullet...for now anyway. Keep your eyes and ears open as you watch for her transformation!

Here are some good pictures I took last week. Hope you enjoy!




1 comment:

Mark said...

Do you know about sheet metal tools?

shear forming