Saturday, August 9, 2008

This week...

Hey, I actually am doing some of the work and not just taking pictures all the time. Here I'm taking some rivets out in the tail section so I can install some avionics trays that I fabricated for the GPS and the HF.

David Akivega, one of my hard workers. He has a wife and two young kids, too, so we have a lot in common.

Stumped. No, just kidding, this is Caleb really getting into the manual for installing the Flint tip tanks. You can carry about 15 more gallons on each wingtip with this mod.


Landing gear parts and pieces drying from paint...the first time. The primer did not adhere to the metal and therefore the paint did not either. We had to strip it all back down to bare metal and do it again. I went in this Saturday morning to get it finished (along with Caleb and Adamson...thanks, guys).
This is the Flint tip tank fuel boost pump. This is a modification that Caleb and Brandon did. The pump is located just aft of where the wing strut attaches to the wing itself.

No comments: